The Goal of the Cyber Leader Development Program is to create a framework for cyber enrichment and extracurricular opportunities to holistically develop, grow, and inspire emerging Army leaders to succeed in the technical domain of cyberspace. This program is not specific to the Cyber Branch as it helps the Army grow capacity in all branches and will assist with building cyber leaders for the Nation.
CLDP is a response to the Army's need to recognize and identify junior officers with an academic background applicable to Cyberspace.
The CLDP prescribes a framework of cyber-related activities, outside the traditional classroom environment, and recognizes Cadets with the C1 Skill Identifier upon completion of the program.
Cadets with the following academic backgrounds are encouraged to join CLDP.
- Cyber-related Major or Minor in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Otherwise five or more courses in the following topics:
- Computer Programming
- Computer Networking
- Discrete Mathematics
Cadets majoring in disciplines other than those listed above should seek out a mentor to see if they are eligible to earn the identifier without significant change to their academic plans.
Other program requirements for CLDP include:
- Be a U.S. Citizen – with eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance
- Participation in a cyber-related internship lasting three weeks or more
- Participation in a Cybersecurity club or study group for two academic years
- Attendance at a Cybersecurity training event or conference
- Participation in a significant Cybersecurity project or capstone